Praised as ambitious and groundbreaking, the Haas Socially Responsible Investment Fund is the first and largest student-led SRI fund within a leading business school. It offers our MBA students real-world experience in delivering both strong financial returns and positive social impact. Since 2008, the student principals have more than doubled the initial investment to +$2M, learning through experience about SRI and ESG investment strategies and practices.
The HSRIF was launched with generous gifts from alumni and receives ongoing crowdfunding donations. View our list of founders and donors.
Application Information for the HSRIF Class 2019-2020
- HSRIF Information Session: Monday September 17th, 12PM
- HSRIF Application Due: Sunday September 23rd, 11:59 PM
- HSRIF Interview Notification: Friday September 28th
- HSRIF Interviews: Monday October 1st – Wednesday October 3rd
- HSRIF Notification: Friday October 5th
- HSRIF Final Confirmation: Monday October 8th, 9AM
FAQ for the 2019-2020 Principals Application Cycle
HSRIF In the News
- Impact Investing Takes Hold On Business School Campuses (June 2016)
- Top Ranked Socially Responsible Mutual Funds (April 2014)
- How UC Berkeley MBAs beat the market with a socially responsible fund (April 2014)
- Fund teaches MBA students about socially responsible investment (February 2014)
- At Haas, Big Returns on SR Investing (June 2013)
- Haas Takes New Tack on Investing (September 2007)
Please email Seren Pendleton-Knoll for information about applying for HSRIF.
Next: HSRIF Advisory Committee