A grade of Incomplete (noted “I” on the transcript) may be assigned when a student in good standing in a course has completed and passed most work required for a course but, for reasons beyond the student’s control, cannot complete the entire course.

Incomplete grades are granted by instructors only and instructors are not obligated to grant students an incomplete grade.

In cases where an instructor agrees to assign an I grade, it is important to agree on exactly what is required to finish the course with the instructor. Review the Office of the Registrar’s procedures for Incomplete grades.

⚠ Do not enroll in the same course in which you have taken an I. Doing so will result in the I lapsing to an F.

⚠ If you have 12+ units of active Incomplete grades on your record, you will need approval to continue enrollment into the next semester (see FAQ below).