These requirements must be completed by the end of the spring semester prior to fall entry into Haas:
- Complete a minimum of 60 semester units.
- Complete all major prerequisite courses listed below with a letter grade of C- or higher.
- Prerequisite courses may not be more than five (5) years old.
- Each course must be worth a minimum of three (3) semester or four (4) quarter units.
If you repeated or took more than one course to fulfill a prerequisite, you must use the first attempt to satisfy the requirement. If you received a C- or higher for your first attempt, you should not repeat the prerequisite.
Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and GCE Advanced Level exam scores may satisfy some prerequisite course requirements.
Required Prerequisite Courses
- Principles of Business, Economics, and Statistics
- One introductory business course (UGBA 10 – must be taken at UC Berkeley) and
- One introductory economics course (ECON 1 or ECON 2) and
- One introductory course in probability and statistics for business. Students may choose one of the following statistics courses:
- STAT 20
- STAT 21
- STAT 131A
- STAT 124
- STAT/DATA 140
- STAT/DATA/INFO/CS 8 + UGBA88 or DATA C88S
- Two (2) semesters of calculus. Students may choose from among the following courses or course combinations:
- MATH 16A + MATH 16B
- MATH 1A + MATH 1B
- MATH 16A + MATH 1B
- MATH 1A + MATH 16B
- MATH 53
- MATH 54
- Reading & Composition (R&C) Requirement
Advisor’s Tip: Use our Self-Reported Academic Record & Sample Plan (Google Docs) to plan courses and track your progress.