Congratulations to the Berkeley Haas Undergraduate Class of 2021!
Haas Undergraduate Program Virtual Commencement Ceremony
Congratulations 2021 graduates! The Haas Undergraduate Program will host a virtual commencement ceremony that will premiere virtually on Saturday, May 15 at 6:00PM PST. You can view the virtual commencement ceremony at the Haas Undergraduate Virtual Commencement Ceremony website.
UC Berkeley Virtual Commencement Ceremony
UC Berkeley will be hosting a virtual commencement ceremony on May 15, 2021. All undergraduate and graduate students have been invited to participate in this campus-wide ceremony. All information regarding the UC Berkeley virtual commencement ceremony is posted on the UC Berkeley Commencement website.
Students Only Processional at the Greek Theatre
All graduating students have the opportunity to participate in the students only processional at the Greek Theatre and have been instructed to register via email. Please review the FAQ’s below for additional information. A livestream of all students crossing the stage will take place during the week of May 16-20, 8AM-6PM PST each day, with a lunch break from 12PM-1PM PST. The livestream will be available for viewing during that week and then the recording will be uploaded to the UC Berkeley and the Haas Commencement websites a few days later. We will notify all students when the recording is posted via email.
Students Only Processional FAQ’s
- Do I need to wear a cap and gown? No. Get formal — or get comfy! You can purchase regalia through the Cal Student Store, or you can dress in business casual or cocktail attire. Many graduates wear a stole or other meaningful item.
- Do I need to wear a face covering? Yes. A face covering is required on campus.
- Will I be photographed? Yes. GradImages will take your photo as you process and send the proofs afterward.
- Are guests allowed? No. The campus is closed to the public to comply with state orders. Encourage your loved ones to watch the livestream. If someone is driving you to campus, they must drop you off at the Hearst Mining Circle and wait for you in the Underhill Parking Lot. No one besides graduates will be permitted in or near the Greek Theatre. While we understand how important this moment is, please help us comply with local public health guidelines so that everyone can process by celebrating with your loved ones elsewhere.
- Do I need to get a vaccine or COVID-19 test to attend the procession? Yes. You will need to show a green badge, which indicates you have met the requirements for being on campus, or a campus access badge. Two ways to get a green badge:
- If you are fully vaccinated (14 days after your final shot), you may upload your vaccine record to the eTang patient portal. However, if you have never been tested for COVID-19 through Cal, you will still need to get one at a campus testing site to activate your green badge. Outside COVID-19 test results don’t work with our system. Your badge will stay green for 180 days if you are fully vaccinated.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, schedule your free COVID-19 test at a campus site (Monday through Friday) through etang.berkeley.edu. Your test should occur no more than six days before you process, and can be as late as 30 minutes before you process. Your badge will turn green when you check in to your appointment. Testing is closed on the weekend, so if you are processing on Sunday, May 16, you must be tested by Friday, May 14.
- You must also complete a daily symptom screener and show it to enter the theater.
- (Sunday only participants) If you are processing on Sunday, May 16 and were unable to get screened or tested through UC Berkeley, bring your vaccination card showing you received your second shot at least two weeks ago, or proof that you tested negatively within the last 72 hours. Getting into the Greek Theatre will take longer, so we strongly recommend you use the campus badge process if you can.