Expertise and Research Interests
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Pricing
- Market Microstructure
- Dmitry Livdan and Alexander Nezlobin. Investment, Capital Stock, and Replacement Cost of Assets when Economic Depreciation is Non- Geometric. Journal of Financial Economics (in press).
- Dmitry Livdan and Christopher A. Hennessy. Learning, Parameter Drift, and the Credibility Revolution. Journal of Monetary Economics.
- Dmitry Livdan, Terrence Hendershott and Dominik Rosch. Asset Pricing: The Tale of Night and Day. Journal of Financial Economics.
- Terrence Hendershott, Dan Li, Dmitry Livdan, Norman Schürhoff. Relationship Trading in OTC Markets. Journal of Finance.
- Sudheer Chava, Dmitry Livdan and Amiyatosh Purnanandam. Shareholder Rights Do Affect the Cost of Bank Loan. Critical Finance Review.
- Dmitry Livdan, Alexander Nezlobin. Accounting rules, equity valuation, and growth options. Review of Accounting Studies.
- Terrence Hendershott, Dmitry Livdan, Norman Schürhoff. Are institutions informed about news?. Journal of Financial Economics.
- Peter M DeMarzo, Dmitry Livdan, Alexei Tchistyi. Risking other people’s money: Gambling, limited liability, and optimal incentives. Limited Liability, and Optimal Incentives.
- Alex Boulatov, Terrence Hendershott, Dmitry Livdan. Informed trading and portfolio returns. Review of Economic Studies.
- Christopher A Hennessy, Dmitry Livdan, Bruno Miranda. Repeated signaling and firm dynamics. The Review of Financial Studies.
At Haas since 2007
2011 – present, Associate Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business
2007 – 2011, Assistant Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business
2005 – 2007, Assistant Professor, Mays School of Business
2003 – 2005, Assistant Professor of Finance, Bauer College of Business
Schwabacher Fellowship Award
2009 – 2010
Dean’s Scholarship for Distinguished Merit, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
September 1998 – May 2002
CUNY Research Grant
1996 – 1997
The City University of New York Scholarship
1991 – 1996