The Experimental Social Science Laboratory (Xlab) conducts experiment-based investigations of issues of interest to social scientists.
Xlab supports UC Berkeley’s world-class research by providing
- access to participant pools
- experiment coordination
- access to software and grants
- dedicated space with 36 computers
- technical and administrative support, including payment support
Xlab supports in-lab, online, mobile, and external in-person experiments. Xlab was established with a grant from National Science Foundation and the Vice Chancellor for Research and is supported by the dean of the Haas School of Business.
The Behavioral Lab at Berkeley Haas provides a variety of services for behavioral research studies on business-related topics, including
- participant pools
- an online experiment management system
- payment procedures
- and software and experiment rooms with research tools and technologies
The Behavioral Lab is located in the Haas School of Business.