Your first few months as a new Berkeley Haas alumnus offer Haasome opportunities to engage and stay connected with your Berkeley Haas community.
Your New Alumni Graduation Checklist:
Overview of your Berkeley Haas Alumni Benefits
Overview of your Student-Alumni Connection Resources
View your Berkeley Haas Alumni Returns handbook
Connect with your network through your alumni communities and events:
- Worldwide Alumni Chapters,
- Industry & Affinity Groups,
- Worldwide Alumni events
- Social Media and @cal alumni directory,
- Retain your @berkeley email address and full email account.
- View the FAQ on claiming your @berkeley email account and Berkeley Haas alumni digital services.
Shine in every job market with your continued Berkeley Haas Professional Career Resources
- Retain access to career resources, coaching and advising
- Hire Haas!
- Receive the weekly digest of global job openings by signing up for the Berkeley Haas Alumni Jobs Newsletter.
- Access digital learning opportunities ranging from podcasts to live webinars and self-paced seminars through Haas Amplified.
- Take advantage of a 30% discount for all Haas Alumni when you register for a course through the Haas School’s Berkeley Executive Education.
- MBA Alumni Audit– Berkeley Haas MBA alumni are invited to audit a graduate-level elective course at Berkeley Haas for free, either in the Fall or the Spring semester. Space is limited.
- Update your profile and confirm that your email address is “visible to the community”.
- Keep your preferred snail mail and preferred email addresses updated in @cal. This is where we will send communications (alumni magazine, geographical Alumni Chapter connections, networking event announcements, etc).
2. LinkedIn Alumni Tool and Berkeley Haas Groups:
- Update your profile to reflect your graduation status and make sure you are listing your affiliation with Haas as “University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business”, in the Education section of your personal LinkedIn profile.
- Join Berkeley Haas Chapter and Affinity LinkedIn groups of interest.
- Link with your classmates, professors and Berkeley Haas staff. And if you have not done so, please link in with me: linkedin.com/in/megroundy
3. Retain your @berkeley.edu email account
- Action must be taken to claim your account. For more information, view the FAQ on your NEW ALUMNI Graduation checklist
Q: How can I continue to use my @berkeley email account?
A: CLAIM YOUR @BERKELEY EMAIL
You can continue to use your bMail account by claiming it on the @cal alumni directory website(cal.berkeley.edu).:
Simply visit the site and click on the “Claim Your Berkeley.edu Account!” link. By claiming your @berkeley.edu account, you will retain your @mba.berkeley.edu (for MBA’s only) email alias, bDrive, bCal, and access to other Berkeley-provided Google Apps.
Q: What will happen to my @berkeley email account if I don’t claim it?
A: If you choose not to claim your @berkeley account at this time, your email address(es) and files will be removed from bMail once your student grace period ends (approximately 3 months after you have completed classes). After the grace period lapses, you may still go to @Cal Alumni Network at any time to reclaim your Berkeley and Haas email addresses, but your old emails, attachments, and files may no longer be available.
Q: What is my timeline to claim my @berkeley email account?
A: Please claim your account as soon as possible; and you must claim your account prior to 3 months after
Q: What Berkeley Haas digital services will I no longer have access to as an alumnus?
A: While alumni retain many Berkeley Haas and Campus services, you will no longer have access to services like, AirBears2, Haas Computer Center Printing, bCourses, study.net or Berkeley Haas Library databases.
We recommend that you begin copying or downloading files related to these services which you would like to take with you.
Q: Can I still access my Class Slack Channel?
A: SLACK AVAILABLE FOR FIVE YEARS
The Haas Program Offices will be sponsoring your class’ Slack subscription for five years following your class’ original scheduled graduation date.
To access your Slack channel(s), you would need to first claim your @berkeley .edu email (info above). If you choose to claim the account later (but not past your class’ five-year subscription expiration), you will be able to access Slack through the balance of your class’ remaining subscription period.
Q: If I have questions about my @berkeley email account or Berkeley Haas digital resources for alumni, who should I contact?
A: If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
Continue networking by accessing the LinkedIn Alumni Tool: Your Berkeley Haas specific LinkedIn alumni tool offering amazing search capabilities: ie: Connect with the other Haasies in your company.
Call to Action: Add, “University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business”, into the Education section of your personal LinkedIn profile AND ACTIVATE your Alumni status in your LinkedIn profile by adding your graduation year.
- Sample LinkedIn Messages (coming soon)
- Training Video (coming soon)
Join your Berkeley Haas Alumni Group of over 18,000 Berkeley Haas alumni on LinkedIn.
UPDATE your profile in the @cal Alumni Directory with your preferred email address and new career and contact information, and keep it updated!
Call to Action: Update your @cal profile and confirm that your email address is “visible to the community”.
- Sample Email Messages (coming soon)
- Training Video
Continue to use the @cal and LinkedIn Networking Power Combo.
Actively network and make career connections to build and maintain strong relationships in your Berkeley Haas community.
Volunteer as an alumnus in your region, with your class, in admissions, at Haas, and with students!
Congratulations on your new status as Berkeley Haas alumni. Your Berkeley Haas Alumni Network is always here for you.