Two great tools that are used amazingly well together as you continue to build and cultivate your professional Berkeley Haas network:
1) LinkedIn’s Alumni Tool is a superior search tool, especially useful when searching for Berkeley Haas Alumni in a particular company or industry. Once you have sourced useful connections, use @cal to find direct contact information to reach out directly to your Berkeley Haas network.
2) @cal is your password protected Berkeley Haas Alumni Directory and go-to resource for contact information – especially email addresses – of Berkeley Haas students and alumni. @cal allows for many variations on search criteria (company, industry, geography, degree and year).
*Make sure that your profile in @cal is up to date and that your preferred email address is visible to the community*
3 Steps to Connect to your Berkeley Haas Community
- Join & become a member of the Haas/Berkeley Alumni Group
- Activate searches within LinkedIn
- Within our exclusive LinkedIn group
- Using the Alumni Tool filters
- Through Haas chapters & affinity groups
- Cal.berkeley.edu [https://cal.berkeley.edu] — your connection to all Berkeley-Haas students and to all Haas & UC Berkeley alumni (*please note, data on Haas alumni is significantly more robust than data on other UC Berkeley alumni in this tool)
- Find emails : Source direct student and alumni email addresses from @cal
- If you are unable to find a Haas alumni email address in @cal, connect with Meg Roundy, [email protected], for assistance
- Get curious.
- informational interviews/learn about their career and career path
- Network! Find more information on the Berkeley Haas way of networking
- Connect, Reconnect.
- invite alumni connections to attend Haas events or conferences, or serve on alumni panels
- schedule a company trek
- share relevant business information or (your) common interest information
- Thank them.