Gain knowledge of the discipline, prepare for the CPA exam, and demonstrate your commitment to employers by attaining the Berkeley Charter of Professional Accountancy (BCPA).
In just two summers, you can complete all of the coursework needed to satisfy the 30 accounting units for CPA licensure.
The BCPA provides you with the accounting knowledge to pursue a CPA, as well as careers in economics, finance, and accounting more broadly. This program puts you in the classroom with top faculty at one of the nation’s leading universities.
Courses focus on fundamental technical skills and real-world application to enhance your marketability. The Center for Financial Reporting and Management’s relationships with national, regional, and local accounting firms provide you with the connections you need to enter the profession. Program fee includes office visits to top national accounting firms in San Francisco and CFRM support through the recruiting process. Past BCPA graduates have landed positions at Deloitte, EY, KPMG, and PwC.
Class lectures are held on weekday evenings (starting at 5:45pm or 6:00pm) on the UC Berkeley campus at the Haas School of Business.
The 2020 BCPA program will start on Tuesday, May 26 and will end on Friday, August 14.
Summer I: Introductory BCPA
- UGBA 102A: Financial Accounting
- UGBA 102B: Managerial Accounting
- UGBA 120AA: Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- UGBA 122: Financial Information Analysis
Summer II: Advanced BCPA
- UGBA 120AB: Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- UGBA 120B: Advanced Financial Accounting
- UGBA 121: Federal Income Tax
- UGBA 126: Auditing
The application for Summer 2020 is now available:
- Application for New Students
- Application for Returning Students (students who participated in BCPA in prior years).
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
BCPA Info Session
Want to learn more about the program? Join the BCPA Info Session on Tuesday, March 10, 5-6pm. RSVP here.