Important news! This summer the first part of the program (Session A, May 22-June 30) will be in-person and the second part (Session D, July 3-August 11) will be online.
Learn the “language of business” – Accounting, prepare for the CPA exam, and demonstrate your commitment to employers by completing the Berkeley Charter of Professional Accountancy (BCPA) program at UC Berkeley.
In just two summers, you can complete all of the coursework needed to satisfy the 30 accounting subjects units for CPA licensure in California.
The BCPA provides you with the accounting knowledge to pursue a CPA, as well as careers in economics, finance, and accounting more broadly. This program puts you in the classroom with top faculty at one of the nation’s leading universities.
Courses focus on fundamental technical skills and real-world application to enhance your marketability. The Center for Financial Reporting and Management’s relationships with national, regional, and local accounting firms provide you with the connections you need to enter the business world. Program fee includes office visits to top national accounting firms in San Francisco and CFRM support through the recruiting process. Past BCPA graduates have landed positions at Deloitte, EY, KPMG, and PwC.
Summer I: Introductory BCPA
- UGBA 102A: Financial Accounting (Summer Session A)
- UGBA 102B: Managerial Accounting (Summer Session A)
- UGBA 120AA: Intermediate Financial Accounting I (Summer Session D)
- UGBA 122: Financial Information Analysis (Summer Session D)
Summer II: Advanced BCPA
- UGBA 120AB: Intermediate Financial Accounting II (Summer Session A)
- UGBA 120B: Advanced Financial Accounting (Summer Session D)
- UGBA 121: Federal Income Tax (Summer Session D)
- UGBA 126: Auditing (Summer Session A)
BCPA classes are in the evenings, starting at 6pm.
The application for Summer 2023 is now open:
- New Students: application form
- Returning Students (students who participated in BCPA in prior summers): application form
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Licensure and Certification Disclosures
Notice to Students re: Professional Licensure and Certification
Next: Congrats, Class of 2022!