Expertise in accounting opens a world of career opportunities in a variety of industries and specializations, and the job market has never been better:
- In the next 7 years, the demand for accountants and auditors is expected to grow by 13%, and to represent 1.4 million jobs by 2022 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- The average salary among the top 10% of people working in the field is $111,150 (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- 64% of CFOs surveyed said it was “very or somewhat challenging” to find skilled job candidates (Robert Half).
Here are some of the career directions accounting can lead you to:
- auditor, tax specialist, and consultant (advisory).
- financial analyst, tax, specialist, auditor, treasurer, and controller.
- associate, analyst, and consultant.
- CFO, internal auditor, VP of Finance, tax specialist, treasurer, controller, and financial planning analyst.
- CFO, internal auditor, VP of Finance, financial planning analyst, treasurer, controller, and tax specialist.