Ali Kakhbod is an assistant professor in the Finance Group at Berkeley Haas. Previously, he received a PhD in Economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a PhD in EECS (Electrical Engineering and Computer Science) from the University of Michigan. His research interests include information frictions, liquidity, banking, market microstructure, big (alternative) data, and contracts.
Expertise and Research Interests
- Financial economics
- Market microstructure
- Big data
Please visit my research page for publications.
At Haas Since 2022
- 2022 – present, Assistant Professor of Finance, Haas School of Business
- 2021 – 2022, Assistant Professor of Finance, Jones School of Business, Rice University
- Neekeyfar Fund Award, MIT Office of the Dean for Graduate Education
- Hand Foundation MIT Doctoral Fellowship
- Richard and Eleanor Towner Prize for Distinguished Academic Achievement
- Springer Outstanding PhD Thesis award (university wide)
- University of Michigan Doctoral Fellowship
- Deep learning for finance (MFE 230ZA, 230ZB)