Business & Public Policy
Diane Dwyer is a professional faculty member at the Haas School of Business (her alma mater), where she created a course called “Innovations in Communications/Public Relations” focusing on teaching media strategies using design thinking. In addition, Dwyer has been a broadcast journalist for the past 25 years, working at KTVU-Channel 2 and NBC Bay Area. She’s a two-time Emmy Award winner (also honored with awards from the New York Film Festival, Associated Press, and Society of Professional Journalists). She also runs her own media-consulting business and serves as emcee, auctioneer and advisor for more than two-dozen non-profits. Dwyer grew up in the Bay Area with six brothers and sisters, and she credits the Irish gift of storytelling for her success in journalism and teaching.
At Haas since 2009
2009 – present, Lecturer, Haas School of Business
2009 – present, Owner, Dwyer Media Consulting
2002 – 2018, Anchor and Reporter, NBC Bay Area
1990 – 2002, Anchor and Reporter, KTVU
1987 – 1990, Financial Analyst, Chemical New York Corporation
- Selected past and present clients: Google Ventures, Rodan & Fields, Leapfrog, Allbirds, EKO Devices, Pet Food Express, Pucci Foods, Access PR and Safeway.
- Board of Directors, California Alumni Association – Berkeley
- Member, Professional Faculty Advisory Committee on Teaching
- Board of Directors, International House – Berkeley
- Board of Directors, Curry Senior Center – San Francisco
- Advisory Board Member, Asian-American Donor Program
- Emcee, auctioneer and/or moderator for numerous non-profits and professional organization, including: Bay Area Council, City Year/Silicon Valley, BioTech Partners, World Alliance Forum, Mills-Peninsula Foundation, Summit Bank Foundation, CORA – Abolishing Domestic Violence, Gatepath, Rebuilding Together, BuildOn, De Marillac Academy, Philippine International Aid, Curry Senior Center-SF and UC Berkeley.
- National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences – Silver Circle Award
- Emmy Awards for Breaking News, General Reporting, Newscast
- New York Film Festival Award
- Society of Professional Journalists Award
- Associated Press Television & Radio Association Award