Management of Organizations
Expertise and Research Interests
- Global leadership development
- Cross-border organization development: innovation, collaboration, change management
- Global teams
- Inclusive Leadership
- Disruptive innovation in the automotive industry
- Inclusive Leadership: From Awareness to Action, Aperian Global, 2019 (forthcoming)
- Leading Across New Borders: How to Succeed as the Center Shifts, Wiley, 2015
- “Disruption in Detroit: Ford, Silicon Valley, and Beyond,” Berkeley Haas Case Series, HBR, 2016 & 2017 (A&B Cases)
- “Fish-Friendly Farming: Water, Wine, and Fish – Sustainable Agriculture for a Thirsty World,” HBR, 2014
- What is Global Leadership? 10 Key Behaviors that Define Great Global Leaders, with co-authors Terry Hogan and Karen Cvitkovich, Nicholas Brealey, 2011
Global Diversity: Winning Customers and Engaging Employees within World Markets. London: Nicholas Brealey International, 2007.
Working GlobeSmart: 12 Key Skills for Success Across Borders. Palo Alto: Davies-Black, 2003.
- The 3M Way to Innovation: Balancing People and Profit. New York: Kodansha, 2000.
- “Going Global: What, How, and with Whom.” Velocity, Strategic Account Management Association 4, no. 4 (4th Quarter 2002).
- “The Future of Global Management.” International Focus: In-Depth Articles for the Global HR Professional, Society for Human Resources Management (2000).
- “How to Communicate Globally.” Training & Development 53, no. 6 (June 1999).
- “Ethics and Working with the Japanese.” California Management Review 33, no. 3 (Spring 1991).
At Haas since 1993
Managing Partner, Aperian Global
Board of Directors, Berkeley International House
Best Case Award
Fulbright Dissertation Research Fellowship
Global Leadership, MBA/EWMBA 256-1