Milton W. Terrill Chaired Professor of Business Administration
Operations & IT Management | Sustainability
Terry Taylor is the Milton W. Terrill Chaired Professor of Business Administration at Berkeley Haas. His research interests include on-demand service platforms, social responsibility in operations management, and supply chain management.
He serves as Departmental Editor for the journal Production and Operations Management, and Associate Editor for the journals Management Science and Operations Research. He is former President of the Manufacturing and Service Operations Management Society and former Department Editor for Management Science. He received Columbia Business School Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence and the Berkeley Haas Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching.
Before coming to Berkeley Haas, he was a professor at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business and Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business. Prior to his academic career, he was a consultant for McKinsey & Company. He received his PhD and BS from Stanford University.
Expertise and Research Interests
- On-demand Service Platforms
- Social Responsibility in Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Economics of Operations Management
- Marketing-operations Interface
- Complete list of publications. Please see personal website.
Up-to-date list of papers and publications:
At Haas since 2007
2007 – present, Milton W. Terrill Chaired Professor of Business Administration, Haas School of Business (previously, Associate Professor)
2006 – 2007, Visiting Associate Professor, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
2001 – 2007, Barbara and Meyer Feldberg Associate Professor, Graduate School of Business, Columbia University (previously, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor)
2000 – 2001, Director of Research, Global Supply Chain Management Forum, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
1994 – 1996, Business Analyst, McKinsey & Company
- Department Editor for Production and Operations Management
- Associate Editor for Management Science
- Associate Editor for Operations Research
Earl F. Cheit Award for Excellence in Teaching
Wickham Skinner Early-Career Research Accomplishments Award
Columbia Business School Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence in a Core Course
- Professor Profiles: Terry Taylor, UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, MBA Mission, 08/20/2019
- Professor Profiles: Terry Taylor, UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, MBA Mission, 10/26/2016
- Operations Management, MBA 204A