Haas graduate students are able to reserve individual workrooms in Chou Hall. Reservations will run from November 2nd to November 20th.
The work rooms are for individual use – 1 person per room. The rooms are limited to the following uses: to prepare for or conduct a job interview, GSI prep/teaching, or quiet space.
Please see the information below for details on the program; how to book these spaces; and the requirements for using them.
19 Individual Workrooms in Chou Hall are available to Haas Graduate Students:
- Monday – Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM.
- One reservation per day.
- 3-hour maximum, per reservation.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. No exceptions.
- Please be respectful of your peers. Book only space you know you need and be sure to cancel well in advance if your reservation is no longer needed.
HOW TO RESERVE:
- Individual workrooms can be self reserved via our Room Reservation System – EMS. Individual workrooms can be reserved: to prepare for or conduct a job interview, GSI prep/teaching, or other.
- Please indicate under Event Name specifics of your request (e.g. List course name (if GSI); company name (if job interview); or other.
- Your reservation is confirmed if you see your reservation in EMS (it will show up immediately under My Reservations); and a confirmation email will be sent to you. It is not confirmed otherwise (e.g. no spaces may be open at your requested time or reservation is within 24 hours of booking). Please do not come to campus if your reservation is not confirmed. We are NOT able to book onsite.
HOW TO CHECK-IN:
- Enter Chou Hall on the Courtyard Plaza level (next to Cafe Think)
- Have your face covering on and properly fitted.
- Have your Cal 1 Card, or other form of ID, available to show at check in.
- Have your completed Daily Symptom Screener available to show.
- Check-in with building staff located inside Chou Hall. ONLY students with confirmed reservations can be allowed in the building.
YOU MUST AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING POLICIES:
- Complete the UC Berkeley Daily Symptom Screener prior to arriving on campus that day.
- Agree fully to the Keep Berkeley Healthy Pledge.
- Wear a face covering while traveling throughout the building (exception: when you are in a private and enclosed room by yourself.)
- No lingering in common spaces or other rooms within the building, and agree to exit the building when reservation is completed.
- One-person-at-a-time occupancy in your designated room.
- One-person-at-a-time occupancy in elevators.
- One-person-at-a-time occupancy in restrooms.
- Practice social distancing in public areas.
- Use the provided cleaning materials inside the room to wipe down table, chair, and other surfaces that you have touched. Please do the cleaning WITHIN your allotted reservation time.
- No food or drink in the room.
- Request whiteboard supplies if planning to use the board in the room. Media Services staff have markers available in Chou Hall.
- Clean whiteboards before leaving the room.
- Chou Hall is a zero-waste building and will pack out any landfill trash brought into the building.