Operations & IT Management | Sustainability
Expertise and Research Interests
- Operation-Marketing Interface
- Service Innovation
- Business Model Innovation
- Business Analytics
- Operations Strategy
- Guajardo, J.A.. Third-Party Ownership Business Models and the Operational Performance of Solar Energy Systems. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
- Guajardo, J.A., M.A. Cohen.. Service Differentiation and Operating Segments: A Framework and an Application to After-Sales Services. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
- Guajardo, J.A., M.A. Cohen, S. Netessine.. Service Competition and Product Quality in the U.S. Automobile Industry. Management Science.
- Guajardo, J.A., M.A. Cohen, S.-H. Kim, S. Netessine.. Impact of Performance-Based Contracting on Product Reliability: An Empirical Study. Management Science.
- Guajardo, J.A., R. Weber, J, Miranda.. A Model Updating Strategy for Predicting Time Series with Seasonal Patterns. Applied Soft Computing.
- Guajardo, J.A., J. Miranda, R. Weber. A Forecasting Methodology using Support Vector Regression and Dynamic Feature Selection. Journal of Information and Knowledge Management.
At Haas since 2012
2012 – present, Assistant Professor, Haas School of Business
Fisher Center for Business Analytics Research Grant
Earned Membership in “Club 6” for Teaching Excellence
Fall 2017, Fall 2016, Fall 2015
MSOM Service Management SIG Prize
Barbara and Gerson Bakar Faculty Fellow
Garwood Center for Corporate Innovation Faculty Research Grant Award
MSOM Student Paper Competition
Joseph M. Juran Center for Leadership in Quality at the University of Minnesota
Wharton Risk Center Russell Ackoff Doctoral Student Fellowship
Doctoral Fellowship, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
2007 – 2011
- Haas Sharing Economy Study Explores How Manufacturers Can Adapt, Metro MBA, 08/24/2017