Business & Public Policy
Olaf Groth has 25 years of experience as an executive and adviser building strategies, capabilities, programs and ventures across 35+ countries (including UAE) with multinationals (e.g. AirTouch, Boeing, Chevron, GE, Qualcomm, Q-Cells, Vodafone, Volkswagen, etc.), consultancies, startups, VCs, foundations, governments and academia. This includes research and insights programs: Groth is the founding CEO of advisory thinktank Cambrian Futures and of concept development firm Cambrian Designs. Groth serves as professional faculty for strategy, policy, technology and futures at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, and Professor of Practice for global strategy, innovation, economics & futures at Hult International Business School, teaching across the US, Europe, Middle East, Africa and China. He is a member of the Global Expert Network at the World Economic Forum and Visiting Scholar at UC Berkeley’s Roundtable on the International Economy (BRIE).
Groth is lead co-author of the 2018 AI book Solomon’s Code: Humanity in a World of Thinking Machines and its 2021 paperback version The AI Generation: Shaping Our Global Future With Thinking Machines. He is also co-author for the forthcoming 2023 MIT Press book The Great Remobilization: Toward Globalization 2.0. He is a frequent commentator on ABC, CBS, and NPR (USA), Deutsche Welle, ARD and ZDF (Germany) and contributor for outlets like WIRED, Financial Times, The Hill, Harvard Business Review (USA, Germany, France, Italia, Spain, Arabia), California Management Review, Quartz, FOCUS, Die Zeit, World Economic Forum, Huffington Post, Peter Drucker Forum, LSE, Today’s CFO, Thunderbird International Business Review, World Financial Review, European Business Review, Roubini EconoMonitor, and Duke CE Dialogue.
Expertise and Research Interests
- Global Strategy/Innovation Strategy
- Global Economy, De-Globalization & Decoupling
- Global Supply Chains/Smart Supply Chains
- Crypto, Blockchain & Tokenomics
- AI, Automation & Robotics
- Climate & Cleantech
- Global Disruption Trends, Futures & Foresight
- Data Valuation & Markets
- 4th Industrial Revolution
- Emerging Technology Management
- Ecosystem Dynamics Mapping
- Strategic Leadership & Strategy Execution
- Intrapreneurship Organizations & Management
- Ethics & Governance Design
- Global Market & Venture Development
- Professional Faculty – Haas School of Business
- Visiting Scholar – Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy
- Professor of Practice – Hult International Business School
- CEO – Cambrian Futures LLC & Cambrian Designs Inc.
A Closer Look At Risk of Recession, CBS Bay Area/KPIX, March 25, 2022
New Ride-Hailing Service in Bay Area Takes Aim at Uber, Lyft, CBS Bay Area/KPIX, March 12, 2022
AI Summit Sheds Light on Digital Future, Hamburg News, August 26, 2021
MBA 298, EWMBA 277, UGBA 119, UGBA 177, executive education.