Chapters are strongly encouraged to produce nametags in advance of every event. By eliciting key information (i.e., degree and year of graduation, job title, company name, and preferred email address) in the registration process and by using the nametag template, participants will have a more powerful networking experience. Participants will also have a more favorable impression of your chapter.
Pre-printed nametags are not only impressive, they streamline the check-in experience for your guests. And, at the end of the event, unclaimed nametags make it easier to generate a more accurate attendance list in your event summary.
For questions on producing nametags, contact the Haas Alumni Relations Office at [email protected]
Here are some good ideas and useful information about producing nametags from BHAN East Bay.
- Prior to making the name tags, input into EventBrite volunteers and VIP guests who are being comped. Include the degree, year and company.
- On EventBrite, click on the event name, then on the manage event page, click on Cross Event Reports on the left.
- Click on Export, then on the drop down, “Export to Excel”.
- Delete the columns that you don’t need, so you end up with only the information for the name tags.
- Perform a Data Sort by Last Name, so the name tags are printed alphabetically.
- Bring extra blank name tags and felt pens for walk-ins and guests who were registered under the registrant’s name.
- Print a Check-in List.
- For anyone who needs a name tag to be handwritten, record their name, degree and year on the Check-in List and indicate if they are a walk-in or paid guest that was not input on EventBrite.
- Set up the Registration Table at least a half hour before the guests are scheduled to arrive.
- Retain the unclaimed name tags, so we know who did not show. Sometimes, things get hectic at the registration table, and we miss checking people off, so the unused name tags are the back up. We need the attendance info for the Event Feedback Report that we submit to Alumni Relations after every event.
Berkeley Haas branded items including lapel pins, pens, table banners, and nametags can be provided by the Alumni Relations office. Additionally, current school collateral, as well as alumni benefits brochures, are available to distribute at every event to help market the offerings, services and benefits available to the Berkeley Haas alumni community.