Illustrative Research Topics:
Proposals are welcomed on topics that include, but are not limited to:
- Given XRP’s consensus mechanism, what are the most efficient ways to scale the ledger?
- Are tokens isolated from fiat? Is there an incentive structure for cryptocurrencies that accounts for the fact that tokens aren’t isolated from one another?
- Evaluate the incentives in emerging blockchain networks (proof-of-work, Byzantine fault tolerant (XRP), etc.) on a variety of factors including: network diversity and participation, security, consolidation of decision making, etc.
Business or legal opps/smart contracts
- Blockchain use to verify and protect medical records
- Identity protection and verification, protect against voter fraud, provide immediate verifiable results
- Implications for automating contractual relationships across a value chain
- What is the overall regulatory landscape within the digital asset space and what is their impact on local/global perception of these new technologies?
- What are the potential downstream impact (on banking, exchanges, payment companies, etc.) of different regulatory stances of major economies (India, Japan, Brazil, US, etc.)?