About the Conference:
Save the date for the Energy Institute’s annual POWER conference on energy research and policy taking place on Friday, March 22, 2024. POWER brings together outstanding scholars with policy and business professionals from around the world to exchange ideas and discuss research on energy markets and regulation. This is a full day event in Spieker Forum (6th floor of Chou Hall), at the Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley. Registration will open in February 2024. We look forward to an engaging and insightful POWER Conference!
We invite researchers to submit papers for possible inclusion in the conference program. Of particular interest are papers on the following topics:
- Electricity Retail Pricing and Policies
- Electric Vehicle Markets and Policies
- Building Electrification
- Climate Change Adaptation in the Power Sector
- Wholesale Electricity Market Design and Organization
- Electricity Capacity Markets and Resource Adequacy
- Renewable Electricity Generation and Integration
- Wholesale and Retail Markets for Natural Gas
- Market Power in Electricity and/or Natural Gas Markets
- Environmental Regulation of Electricity and/or Natural Gas Markets
- Energy Efficiency and Demand Response
- The Economic Impacts of Electricity Storage
Draft papers (electronic submissions in pdf format) should be sent by January 5, 2024 to: [email protected] with the subject: POWER 2024 Submission.
Abstracts, speeches, and slide presentations will not be considered. Authors will be notified of the conference program in early February 2024. Final papers will be due by March 1, 2024.