The Energy Institute typically holds its one-day POWER conference on energy research and policy every March. The event brings together outstanding scholars and practitioners from around the world to exchange ideas and research results on topics related to energy markets and regulation. In 2020, the conference had to be moved online due to the pandemic and, sadly, we anticipate it will need to be online again in 2021. The next POWER conference will take place virtually on the mornings of March 16 to 19, 2021. Registration will begin late January 2021.
We invite interested researchers to submit papers for the Conference. Of particular interest are papers on the following topics:
- Electricity Retail Pricing and Policies
- Electric Vehicle Markets and Policies
- Wholesale Electricity Market Design and Organization
- Electricity Capacity Markets and Resource Adequacy
- Renewable Electricity Generation and Integration
- Wholesale and Retail Markets for Natural Gas
- Market Power in Electricity and/or Natural Gas Markets
- Environmental Regulation of Electricity and/or Natural Gas Markets
- Energy Efficiency and Demand Response
- The Economic Impacts of Electricity Storage
Draft papers (electronic submissions in pdf format) should be sent by January 4, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: POWER 2021 Submission.
Abstracts, speeches, and Powerpoint presentations will not be accepted. Authors will be notified concerning acceptance for the Conference by February 4, 2021. Final papers will be due by March 1, 2021.