The Energy Institute typically holds its one-day POWER conference on energy research and policy every March. The event brings together outstanding scholars and practitioners from around the world to exchange ideas and research results on topics related to energy markets and regulation. The conference had to be moved online for 2020 and 2021 due to the pandemic.
The next POWER conference will take place virtually on the mornings of March 16 to 19, 2021. Registration will begin late January 2021.
The call for papers deadline closed on January 4, 2021. Authors will be notified concerning acceptance for the Conference by February 4, 2021. Final papers will be due by March 1, 2021. Of particular interest are papers on the following topics:
- Electricity Retail Pricing and Policies
- Electric Vehicle Markets and Policies
- Wholesale Electricity Market Design and Organization
- Electricity Capacity Markets and Resource Adequacy
- Renewable Electricity Generation and Integration
- Wholesale and Retail Markets for Natural Gas
- Market Power in Electricity and/or Natural Gas Markets
- Environmental Regulation of Electricity and/or Natural Gas Markets
- Energy Efficiency and Demand Response
- The Economic Impacts of Electricity Storage