The Berkeley Haas PhD program is a fully-funded, five-year, full-time, in-residence program resulting in a PhD in Business Administration. Applicants must select from one of our six fields in order to apply to our program.
To be eligible for admission, applicants must meet the Basic Requirements set by the UC Berkeley Graduate Division.
Some of the factors that are taken into account during our admissions process are:
- A high level of scholarly ability, involving both quantitative and qualitative skills
- The motivation to complete a challenging and strenuous academic program
- Career objectives consistent with the PhD degree
- Unique experience, perspective, or research interests
We do not require:
- Previous graduate work or completion of an MBA degree
- A minimum GPA
- A minimum score on your GMAT/GRE exam
- A specific academic or professional background
Deadline & Decisions
Our application for fall 2019 is now CLOSED. Admissions will open again in September 2019 for the 2020 program. Decisions are based on a comprehensive evaluation of all submitted application materials. We only guarantee the review of applications that are complete and submitted by the deadline. Applicants will be notified of our admission decision via email between February and June.
Next: Application Instructions