Staff on the Move! July 2019 Edition
Written by Justin Dela Cruz and Alex Austin
Moving up in one’s career affords new opportunities for professional growth and development. From expanding your network, acquiring new knowledge, and defining your own success, career mobility opens new doors and provides a sense of recognition. Our colleagues who recently moved to a new role and/or units within and outside of Haas can confirm that.
In recent months, multiple staff members in career appointments have either been promoted within their current unit or have applied and been selected to fill a vacant position. This mobility allows staff to transfer their skills, share their institutional knowledge and continue to grow professionally while staying in the UC system. We are so proud of each and every one of them.
Our best wishes for successful experiences and professional development to those who moved in the past year!
- Lucas Abbott, Program Director, Boost@BerkeleyHaas was promoted within his unit
- Linda Algazzali, Senior Financial & Project Analyst , Fisher Center for Real Estate & Urban Economics, was promoted within her unit
- Mary Balingit, Undergraduate Program, transferred to Goldman School of Public Policy
- Danelle Carr, Assistant Director of Events at DAR, transferred in from Lawrence Hall of Science
- Monica Colombo, Executive Assistant to the Dean and Office Manager, was promoted within her unit
- Mariana Corzo, Director of Brand Marketing at MarComm, transferred in from Office of the Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education
- Sandra Cruz-Lezama, FTMBA Admissions, transferred to UC Merced
- Kristen de la Rosa, DAR, transferred to UCSF
- Sumit Dhewajoo, Finance Manager, Finance and Financial Aid was promoted within his unit
- Jill Erbland, CSSL, transferred to UCOP
- Elizabeth Friedman Branoff, Chief Director at DAR, was promoted within her unit
- Valerie Gilbert, Associate Director at DAR, transferred in from MarComm
- Tom Grappone, Building Manager, Facilities, was promoted within his unit
- Elinor Gregorio, Assistant Director of Academic Affairs, Undergraduate Program, was promoted within her unit
- Jamie Hayden, Director of Financial Aid, Finance and Financial Aid, was promoted within her unit
- Casey Hennig, DAR, transferred to the Office of the CIO
- Mary Hoang, is now an Assistant Director within the Finance and Financial Aid unit
- Jeanne HuangLi, Executive Director, International and Strategic Initiatives at DAR, was promoted within her unit
- Bradley Jong, Director of Academics at the FTMBA Program, transferred in from the College of Environmental Design, and he actually is returning to Haas!
- Jeane Kim, Evening and Weekend MBA, transferred to UCOP
- Amanda Leung, Faculty Recruitment Analyst, Human Resources and Administration, was promoted within her unit
- Bryan Lin, Academic Planning and Instruction, transferred to UCSF
- Adrienne Mamin, TIES Analyst at the Academic Planning and Instruction unit, transferred in from Office of the Registrar
- Tracy Mills, Executive Director at DAR, was promoted within her unit
- Diane Nguyen, Associate Director and Admissions Specialist at MFE, was promoted within her unit
- Kari Peterson, DAR, transferred to the Office of Planning and Analysis
- Scott Rief, Director of Online Marketing and Technology, Marketing and Communications, was promoted within his unit
- Justine Roades, Student Experience Specialist, EWMBA Program was promoted within her unit
- Liz Rosenberg, Senior Associate Director, FTMBA Program, was promoted within her unit
- Julia Rosof, MBA Career Coach at the Career Management Group, transferred from FTMBA Program to CMG
- Michael Ruiz, MORS Lab, transferred to the Psychology Department
- Luis Ruiz-Plascencia, Finance, transferred to the School of Optometry
- Tiffany Santana, Financial Services Analyst at the Finance and Financial Aid unit, transferred in from Office of Graduate Diversity
- Andrew Scarbeary-Simmons, MBA for Executives, transferred to CSS Research and Administration
- Jake Schroth, Director at DAR, was promoted within his unit
- Dennis Sheridan, Software Engineer, Technology Solutions was promoted within his unit
- Karen Shuker, Associate at DAR, transferred within her unit
- Julia Snippen, Associate Director at DAR, transferred in from the College of Engineering
- Lisa Spivak, Director at DAR, was promoted within her unit
- Gill Tacca, Finance, transferred to the UC Berkeley Library Administration Office
- Amy Yue, Academic HR Analyst within Human Resources, transferred in from Campus Shared Services.
*The above list includes staff in career appointments whose positions were reclassified, or staff who moved to a new role between July 2018 and July 2019 as reflected in UCPath. If your position was reclassified or if you obtained a new role within that time frame and your name is not listed, please let us know (email Alex Austin).
To keep up on job openings at Haas, visit the Jobs at Haas webpage.
For additional career development resources such as a series of workshops as well as individual counseling with a career counselor, read the latest news from the campus Staff Career Development Program.