Applications are now CLOSED for the 2021-2022 School Year. Thank you to everyone who applied!
Berkeley Board Fellows
Berkeley Board Fellows develops the next generation of board leaders while providing social impact organizations a pair of board members with fresh perspectives, skills, and lived experiences to carry out their missions.
Social impact organizations host two MBA student Fellows as non-voting board members, designate a board mentor to ensure that the Fellows’ have a substantive professional development and learning experience, while reaping the benefits of skillsets, perspectives, and/or lived experience that may not currently exist on the board of directors.
Fellows build governance and leadership skills through attending board meetings, serving on a subcommittee, and completing a project that addresses a strategic need identified by the board.
2021 – 2022 Program Timeline
Oct 13 – Kickoff Meeting
- Board Mentors, Fellows, and Coaches meet, set norms and expectations, align schedules, begin
Oct 29 – Project Scopes Due
- Project scopes are due from each Board Mentor/Fellows’ Team
Nov 15 – Fellows Workshop
- Student focused workshop and peer learning session “Leading in Uncertain Times” (lunch)
March 14 – Non-Profit Workshop
- Nonprofit organizational workshop, peer learning, and networking (dinner)
April 26 – Student Finale
- Students present on their final projects peer sharing, networking opportunity (dinner)
April 29 – Evaluations Due
- Board Mentors and Coaches evaluate Board Fellows’, inform final grade