Add Cross-Cultural Insight to Your Workforce
Understanding different perspectives is essential to thinking and acting strategically in today’s global business world.
Hailing from 40 countries and comprising about a third of the full-time MBA class at Berkeley Haas, our international students bring outstanding work experience, academic accomplishment, multilingual abilities, cross-cultural insight, and keen business skills that produce results across markets and cultures. They add depth and insights to your candidate pool and workforce when you recruit at Berkeley Haas.
Many of our students – US and international alike – look to apply their leadership skills and business acumen around the globe and are ready to take positions in both your domestic and international offices.
Hire International Interns with Ease
Offer summer internships to international students without limitations and with minimal paperwork. Most international students:
- Study on an F-1 visa
- Can accept summer internships regardless of citizenship through the campus’ Curricular Practical Training (CPT) process
- Handle their own work authorization in conjunction with officials on the Berkeley campus
Hiring International Students Full-Time
The Berkeley MBA is now STEM OPT qualified, providing international students with eligibility for the 24-month STEM OPT extension for up to 3 years.
- F-1 visa holders can work in the US for up to 12 months through the Optional Practical Training (OPT) program
- For F-1 visa holders, STEM OPT is an extension of the 12-month OPT work authorization. Employers must be E-Verified and employment must be related to the student’s STEM major field of study. STEM OPT may be based on a previously-earned STEM degree
- STEM OPT provides an additional 24-month extension of the 12-month OPT for a total of 36 months of OPT work authorization
- Employers must complete an I-983 Training Plan and attest that wages and compensation are commensurate with similarly-situated US workers