The Commonwealth of Nations(opens in a new tab)
- Knowledge – University of California, Berkeley
- Provides research-backed use cases & recommendations
- Technology – Humans.ai
- Builds Generative AI prototype for a proof of concept
- Corporate – Wipro
- Validation of the prototype and overall product guidance
Accelerating the creation of smart villages within the small states of the Commonwealth of Nations through Open Innovation platforms.
Develop an AI-empowered interactive toolkit designed to assist citizens in small states within the Commonwealth of Nations in building smart villages.
The challenge will be presented on April 1st, 2024, during the Berkeley Innovation Forum conference at NASA HQ in Silicon Valley.
Required by UC Berkeley Open Innovation Squad
Conduct research, identify, and suggest use cases for product features, go-to-market strategies, and UI/UX design.
- Product Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Engineering Manager
- UI/UX Designer
- Data Scientist
- Understand the current state of villages in terms of resources, shortcomings, and unique cultural aspects.
- Analyze existing solutions or initiatives addressing village needs.
- Identify the most used communication platforms among villagers.
- Engage with village officials and representatives to gauge their understanding of village needs and resources.
- Collaborate with NGOs or other organizations already working in these villages.
- Consider the role of regional and cultural differences across villages.
- Curate datasets of village-specific issues from existing news/reports or any available information.
- Fine-tune AI models to understand village-specific scenarios and needs.
- Implement real-time data processing techniques to allow dynamic interaction with users.
- Ensure robustness and responsiveness of the solution, especially in low-bandwidth scenarios typical of many villages.
- Develop an AI-driven chatbot personalized for the Commonwealth states.
- Explore the feasibility and effectiveness of a physical device for interaction.
- Design an ethical framework for data collection, considering the sensitivity of village data.
- Ensure the chatbot guides stakeholders on transforming into and leveraging the Smart Village platform.
Final Challenge Deliverables
- Prototype of the AI-driven chatbot tailored for village empowerment.
- A comprehensive report detailing the research, findings, and proposed strategies.
Corporate Sponsors, Partners, and Mentors
- Suresh Yadav, Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of the Secretary-General
- Project Contacts
- Osmal Wood, Adviser Digital Innovation
- Radika Kumar – Adviser Artificial Intelligence and Transformative Technology
- Corporate Technical Partner
- Sabin Dima – Founder, Humans.ai
- Arvind Ravishunkar – General Manager, Wipro