A maximum of six (6) units of upper-division or graduate-level non-Haas courses can be counted toward the graduation requirements, except for students in dual-degree programs. Non-Haas courses can be taken for a letter grade or S/U.

Requests to apply more than 6 units of non-Haas coursework towards the degree should be submitted to your assigned Academic Advisor before enrolling in the course. In some cases, your academic advisor will approve an exception to increase the max to 9 units.