- FTMBA Academics Drive (Student-Facing Documents, Policies, Forms)
- On-Line Registrar (OLR) Portal
- Academic Advising & Support
- Fall 2023 Registration Timeline
- Fall 2023 Elective Schedule
Here are a few important points to keep in mind when planning your academic schedule for your degree:
- In any given semester, Full-Time MBA students are able to enroll in up to 16 units of MBA classes.
- Dual-degree students must enroll in the number of required MBA units according to their degree requirements.
- On average, students may enroll in 12 to 14 units each semester to meet the valid 51-unit graduation requirement.
- Students should meet with their academic advisors to discuss their academic plans. Review Academic Advising & Support for contact and appointment information.
During the first two semesters of the Full-Time MBA program, students are automatically enrolled in their core classes with their pre-assigned cohort. Students attend these required courses on the assigned days and times with their cohort throughout the first two semesters of the Full-Time MBA program. The cohorts are Blue, Gold, Axe, and Oski.
Fall & Spring Elective Courses
Students have the option to add a 1-unit MBA elective to their schedule if they have a full schedule of 15 core units in their first Fall semester. Keep in mind that adding an elective is an option, not a requirement. This FAQ page is geared toward students who are still interested in exploring a 1-unit Speaker Series or Elective.
Students who waived out of core courses will be able to sign up for MBA electives according to the number of units they waived for the semester. For more details, review the FAQ sheet for First-Years who waived out of Fall core courses.
Students will be enrolled in 9 units of core classes during their first Spring semester. Students have the option to enroll in up to another 7 units of MBA electives.
Students who waived out of Spring core courses may enroll in additional units, but no more than 16 units total, to replace the units they waived.
Third and Fourth Semester
Students can enroll in up to 16 units of MBA electives by the end of the add/drop period.
MBA Course Enrollment Process
MBA course enrollment for MBA students consists of two phases –bidding and add/drop. The MBA Bidding and Add/Drop processes are done through OLR. It is important to note that the deadlines of the FTMBA processes are separate and distinct from the main UC campus deadlines.
Bidding is Phase 1 of the overall Haas enrollment process. Bidding occurs at the end of the current semester and will have two rounds for students to enroll in their next semester’s courses.
Add/Drop is Phase 2 and will take place at the start of each semester. During this phase, all students will add or drop eligible MBA elective courses to further build their semester schedule. Students will not be able to add or drop courses after the Add/Drop period concludes.