Competitions and conferences for students to access industry connections and experiential learning opportunities.
- Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge: Graduate students from around the world develop and pitch creative financial approaches to tackle pressing social and environmental challenges.
- Wharton Total Impact Portfolio Challenge: Student teams design and execute investment portfolios that maximize impact across asset classes.
- Sustainable & Impact Investing Learning & Knowledge (SIILK) Network Student Corporate Engagement Competition: Student teams write and present an investment recommendation for a publicly-traded company listed on any major exchange, and include in the investment recommendation a proposed shareholder engagement strategy that aims to improve company financial and sustainability performance.
- IESE Annual Impact Investment Competition (ICC): Students from top business schools are invited to compete and work intensely on selected start-ups in the impact sphere. For students, this is a great learning opportunity to practice their impact investment skills, by doing due diligence and negotiating the term sheets of an investment.
- SOCAP: Convenes impact investors, social entrepreneurs, and organizations dedicated to catalyzing world change through market-based solutions.
- Sorenson Innovation Summit: A cross-industry event in social impact, innovation, and investing organized by Sorenson Impact.
- National Net Impact Conference: Tackle the world’s toughest challenges alongside corporate visionaries, movement activists, innovators, investors, thought leaders, social entrepreneurs and many others. Immerse yourself in new ideas- widening the lens to build a more sustainable and just world.
- US SIF Conference: The US SIF Conference brings together leaders of the sustainable and impact investing community and to learn about new approaches, trends and policy developments in the field. They offer the Peter DeSimone Student Scholarship Program for select students to attend.
Haas can support your attendance at these competitions and conferences. For more information, email [email protected]