Competitions, conferences and networks for students to access industry connections and experiential learning opportunities.
- Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge: Graduate students from around the world develop and pitch creative financial approaches to tackle pressing social and environmental challenges.
- Wharton Total Impact Portfolio Challenge: Student teams design and execute investment portfolios that maximize impact across asset classes.
- Sustainable & Impact Investing Learning & Knowledge (SIILK) Network Student Corporate Engagement Competition: Student teams write and present an investment recommendation for a publicly-traded company listed on any major exchange, and include in the investment recommendation a proposed shareholder engagement strategy that aims to improve company financial and sustainability performance.
- Net Impact Case Competition: NICC is the premiere MBA competition focused on solving real world sustainability business cases. The competition was started in 2001 and is organized by MBA students from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado.
- IESE Annual Impact Investment Competition (ICC): Students from top business schools are invited to compete and work intensely on selected start-ups in the impact sphere. For students, this is a great learning opportunity to practice their impact investment skills, by doing due diligence and negotiating the term sheets of an investment.
- MBA Impact Investing Network & Training (MIINT): MIINT is an experiential lab designed to give students at business and graduate schools a hands-on education in impact investing.
- SOCAP: Convenes impact investors, social entrepreneurs, and organizations dedicated to catalyzing world change through market-based solutions.
- SRI Conference: An annual gathering for investors, asset owners, asset managers, financial advisors, researchers, academics, mission-driven organizations, and enterprises who share the common goal of deploying private capital to address some of our most pressing environmental, social, and economic challenges.
- Sorenson Innovation Summit: A cross-industry event in social impact, innovation, and investing organized by Sorenson Impact.
- National Net Impact Conference: Tackle the world’s toughest challenges alongside corporate visionaries, movement activists, innovators, investors, thought leaders, social entrepreneurs and many others. Immerse yourself in new ideas- widening the lens to build a more sustainable and just world.
Networks & Newsletters
- Impact Alpha (free subscription available to students through SAIF)
- Green Money Journal
- B The Change
- Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- Impact Management Project
- Sustainable & Impact Investing Learning & Knowledge Network (SIILK)
- Intentional Endowments Network
- Breaking Good