The Haas Impact Fund invests in exciting early-stage impact-oriented startups. Student Venture Partners lead sourcing, diligence, and portfolio stewardship of early-stage social enterprises.
In April 2020 at the inaugural Invest for Impact Pitch Competition, student Venture Partners pitched recommendations to a panel of judges for up to $50,000 equity investment from the Haas Impact Fund along with potential additional funding from a select group of funds.
Student Venture Partners source promising early-stage impact startups in the following impact areas:
- Workforce and Financial Inclusion: Facilitating meaningful work opportunities and providing access to vital financial services for all.
- Health and Wellbeing: Promoting healthy lives and wellbeing for all at all ages.
- Renewable Energy: Investing in technology to utilize or accelerate the use of energy from sources that are not depleted when used.
- Food and Water: Ending hunger, achieving food security, nutrition, and sustainable agriculture and improving access to clean water and sustainable water management.
- Sustainable Products: Utilizing or designing products that lessen or eliminate the negative environmental cost during their entire life cycle, from extraction to waste disposal.