Fellowship applications are reviewed by the Admissions team. This committee will utilize the admissions application in their deliberations. The supplemental essay will be used to gather additional targeted information for specific awards. Essay prompts and additional supplemental information is noted below.
The criteria used to select the best recipient among qualified applicants include, but are not limited to: overall strength of the admissions application, professional goals, educational achievement, leadership skills, and embodiment of the Haas Defining Leadership Principles. Please note that meeting the stated criteria does not mean you are guaranteed funds; rather, it means you are eligible for consideration.
Upcoming dates and deadlines for applicants seeking admission for May 2018:
Executive MBA Dean’s Fellowship
The Executive MBA Dean’s Fellowship consists of a limited number of scholarships awarded in increments of $10,000. The scholarships are awarded to exceptional admits based on various criteria including outstanding merit, industry or function uniqueness brought to the incoming class, and/or employment in the non-profit or public service sectors.
Applications and selection for the EMBA Dean’sFellowship will be coordinated by the Admissions team.
- Required Personal Statement (choose one of the following; 250 word maximum):
- What are you most passionate about and why?
- Describe a significant obstacle you have encountered and how dealing with it has changed you.
- Describe how you cultivate a diverse and inclusive culture.
Beyond Yourself Fellowship
In demonstrating the defining principle of Beyond Yourself, the Berkeley Haas Executive MBA Class of 2016 has funded a fellowship to support admitted students who work in the non-profit or public sector or who demonstrate financial need. This fellowship is for $25,000. Recipients will be awarded based on financial need. Financial need will largely be informed by the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Berkeley’s school code for the FAFSA is 001312.
Applications and selection for the Beyond Yourself Fellowship will be coordinated by the Admissions team.
- Required Personal Statement: What is your financial circumstance and how will this fellowship help? Please explain any special circumstances if applicable. Limit your response to 250 words.
- Financial Need verification: Financial need will largely be informed by the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Berkeley’s school code for the FAFSA is 001312. Complete 2017-18 FAFSA by
- Monday, February 5, 2018 for Review Date 1
- Monday April 2, 2018 for Review Date 2
Don’t forget to check out our outside scholarships list with opportunities from external organizations.