Order Regalia (graduation cap, gown and stole)
There are four items that you need for Commencement: a cap, gown, MBA hood* and tassel. They are sold as a package called the Master Gown Package or you have the option to rent them. Select or indicate “Business Administration” as your Program/Major during check out.
* Please note: “Drab” or light brown is the standard hood color for the MBA degree.
There are three ways to purchase these items:
- Online: You can order your Master Gown Package from two stores close to campus and have the items shipped to you, or you can pick them up in the store:
- The (official) Cal Student Store. Be sure to also add a Master Hood in the MBA “drab” color, found on their website in the My Grad section
- The Student Store (Fall Rush)
- Please note: You will need to provide your height, weight, degree and department in the special instruction field on the review and order page.
- In-person: You can purchase and pick up your regalia in one visit to the Graduation Department of Cal Student Store (2495 Bancroft Way in the Student Union) or The Student Store (2470 Bancroft between Telegraph and Dana) . We recommend that you visit the store during off-peak hours, such as early in the morning or late in the afternoon to avoid long lines. Please allow at least 1/2 hour to order and pick-up your regalia. Check the websites for updated hours.
- Rent: The CAL Student store has RENTAL gowns in stock! Don’t buy the plastic version that you will end up throwing away. Choose the sustainable option and rent your graduation gown at the CAL Student Store. Gowns are not due back to the CAL Student Store till May 30, 2024. Note: Hood sold separately.
Please be careful with your tassel to ensure that you don’t lose it. They do not hook onto the cap very well, so we recommend waiting until you arrive at the Greek to put on your tassel. We will have tape available at the check-in table to help with this as well.