Provide the best performance and service quality at the lowest cost, developed through consulting engagements, evaluation, analysis and partnerships.
Research Computing provides high-touch, in-depth services that connect Faculty and Students to the best-available infrastructure technologies for their particular needs and use cases. This includes:
- high-performance compute servers
- economical storage and backup
- analytics and visualization software
- cloud, on-premise and hybrid computing services
- IT architecture design for research data acquisition, transformation, and optimization; research analytics and visualization
- research workflow improvements
These services may be provided at the Warren Data Center, at UCB Central Computing, at a national Supercomputing facility (e.g., SDSC or XSEDE), or in the Cloud by a commercial provider. Recharge fees may apply to cover the cost of compute, storage, or backup services.