Our mission at the Haas School of Business is to develop leaders who redefine how we do business. The admissions committee selects individuals who demonstrate promise for academic success as well as demonstrate excellence in non-academic endeavors.
The goal of the admissions review process is to holistically evaluate an applicant’s overall fit for the program. Additionally, we seek applicants who embody the Berkeley Haas Defining Leadership Principles:
- Question the Status Quo
- Confidence Without Attitude
- Students Always
- Beyond Yourself
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- Academic achievement including grades, course load, consistent academic excellence, and high academic performance in all required prerequisite courses.
- Consistency and impact in extracurricular activities
- Personal attributes and life experience suggesting leadership, maturity, ethical character, teamwork and goal orientation.
- Communication and analytical skills as demonstrated by responses to essay questions.
The following factors are evaluated and weighted as listed below for the Continuing UCB & Transfer Applicant Pools:
50% – Grades & Coursework
35% – Essays
15% – Resume
Admission Interviews: The information submitted as part of the written applications typically gives us the full picture of a student’s experience and aspirations. All applicants have the opportunity to submit a video interview along with the application. The video interview is not mandatory but strongly recommended.
Continuing Berkeley Students: Updated Admissions Timeline
This year all Continuing Berkeley students will apply to the business major in Spring 2023, please review the Important Dates page for timeline details.
Next: Important Dates