To be eligible for the program (Fall 2023-24 application cycle), admitted students must:
- be 18 years old by August 9, 2024
- hold a valid US, UK, or E.U. passport (valid through June 1, 2025)
- Note: International students are eligible only if their citizenship grants them the ability to obtain a UK Student Visa. If you do not have a US or EU passport, please contact [email protected] regarding your eligibility.
- have satisfied the UC Entry Level Writing Requirement
- begin the Global Edge component at UC Berkeley mid-June 2024
- participate in the study abroad component in London in Fall 2024
The Global Management Program (GMP) is open to freshmen only, and is ideally suited for students who have a strong interest in global management and cultural immersion.
All students are encouraged to contact the Haas Undergraduate Program Office or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for assistance and further program information.
The application is available through the UC Application. Applications for admission to the GMP are available in August prior to the year in which you plan to enter UC Berkeley. The application filing period is October 1 – November 30, and all applications must be submitted by November 30.
Applicants who are selected for the Global Management Program will be notified during February or March.
If not selected for admission to the GMP, you may be considered for admission to UC Berkeley in the College of Letters & Science as an Undeclared Major.
- UC Application
- GMP supplemental application
- Video interview
Once you submit your UC Application, you will receive an additional email from UC Berkeley’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions asking you to write and submit a supplemental essay about your interest in the Global Management Program. Expect to receive this email 5-7 business days after submitting your UC Application. From there, you will have until 11:59pm PST, January 5, 2024 to submit your supplemental essay.
The information submitted as part of the written application typically gives us the full picture of a student’s experience and aspirations. However, we ask that all applicants submit a video interview as part of the supplemental application to give voice to their story and help us learn more about you. The video interview is required.
Failure to submit the GMP supplemental application (essay and video interview) by the deadline will remove you from consideration for admission to the GMP.
Next: Important Dates