For two weeks every summer, the Berkeley Business Academy for Youth gives middle- and high-school students a glimpse into their future.
You get to experience life on an iconic university campus. You spend time in the classroom with top-notch faculty, staff and PhD Candidates. Students work in teams on projects drawn from the real world. You learn and use the tools and skills–from Excel spreadsheets and financial models to PowerPoint and persuasive communication–that entrepreneurs and businesspeople around the world depend on.
The curriculum for each academic teen program–Middle School Entrepreneurship, High School Entrepreneurship, and High School Critical Thinking–is designed for that grade level. Curriculum highlights include:
- Entrepreneurship: business and social impact
- Leadership skills: critical thinking, teamwork, communication
- Business disciplines: financial accounting, pricing strategies, marketing, finance, game theory and negotiations
- Critical Thinking and Case Study Analysis
- Presentation skills: all B-BAY students prepare and present a project at the end of the two-week session
The Haas School of Business–a top-ranked business school–is dedicated to redefining how business gets done. Where better to start than with the youth who will be the next generation of business leader?
B-BAY and the Haas School of Business share a commitment to developing innovative leaders who redefine how we do business. Our culture is defined by four key principles:
- Question the Status Quo
- Confidence Without Attitude
- Students Always
- Beyond Yourself