Great ideas are everywhere. Yet, great businesses built on top of great ideas are far more rare. B-BAY, a proven business program for youth, lets you experience the powerful combination of great ideas and great business sense by developing a business idea and creating your team’s business plan–all in just two weeks.
Every year, 50 high-school students from around the globe spend two weeks at B-BAY on the Berkeley Haas campus, where:
- They immerse themselves in the culture, academics, and life at Berkeley
- Berkeley Haas professors and corporate guest speakers share their insights and real-world experience
- Classroom instruction is supplemented with independent research and computer lab assignments and team projects
- Teams work together to create a comprehensive business plan
- Teams present their business plans at the end of the session
This college prep business program is tailored to help students:
- Build confidence and learn about your strengths through teamwork
- Enhance your communications and oral presentation skills
- Explore a variety of business subjects through an interactive curriculum
- Learn how to write a business plan and turn your ideas into a business
- Develop the research skills essential to business
- Receive a UC Berkeley Business Academy for Youth Certificate of Completion
- Create a network of like-minded students from across the globe
- Have fun!
Experience a day in the life of a college student
You’ll meet a panel of undergrads from UC Berkeley and other universities who will talk about their college experience and answer questions. Admission advisors from Berkeley Haas and UC Berkeley Undergraduate Admissions will lead an interactive session to help you better understand the domestic and international college admission process and how to apply to CAL. You will also get a head start on how to approach and write your UC personal statement and college application essay.
Other activities include team building exercises, a ropes course, a campus tour, San Francisco trip, a scavenger hunt, and karaoke night.
Next: Business Courses