Application for Summer 2020-Available December 2019
- Complete 2019 Online Application in English
- Write an essay in English* 600- 750 words, 1.5-spaced, 12-point type and insert header including Last Name, First Name in the upper right corner) that answers all of these questions:
- What are some of the risks and benefits to consider when introducing a product or service in a new market? Give an example using a personal experience or a current product or service.
- Describe a problem you’ve solved or one you would solve to create positive social change. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Describe an accomplishment or volunteer experience that inspired and shaped you. Specify what you learned and what areas of growth were developed.
- Why do you want to attend the Berkeley Business Academy for Youth high-school entrepreneurship session? What do you hope to gain by participating?
- Attach or send by mail two teacher recommendations
- Attach or send by mail a transcript including grades from the past 2 years (can be an unofficial transcript)
* If English is not your native language, please write one paragraph describing your English educational background and experience.
Mailing address for supporting documents
The B-BAY Program Office
Haas School of Business
S545 Student Services Bldg. #1900
Berkeley, CA 94720
You must provide a record of immunizations according to California immunization regulations prior to attending the program
A non-refundable $75 application fee must accompany the completed application. Applications submitted without payment will not be reviewed.
Application Deadline: Available December 2019
We encourage you to apply prior to the application deadline as applications are reviewed on and applicants accepted on a rolling basis.
We look for academically motivated, mature students who are interested in attending a rigorous college prep summer business academy. B-BAY is for youth who want to develop their knowledge of business or have a passion for business. The application and accompanying materials should convey and communicate your level of maturity and motivation.
You may be asked to interview with a member of the Admissions Committee to determine admission to the program.
When we receive your complete application (your application form, essay, all supplemental materials, and the application fee), you will be notified by e-mail. An admissions decision will be made and e-mailed to you within two weeks.
Enrolling: Students admitted into the Berkeley Business Academy for Youth have 10 days (weekends included) from your acceptance date to enroll online and pay the program fees. You are not enrolled until full payment is received.
Next: International Students