Summer 2024 Sessions (Application Available in December)
- You will have 3 questions to respond to. You must respond to all 3 questions in one essay format.
- **Write an essay in English that answers the three questions. * (one essay that is 500 words, 1.5-spaced, 12-point font and includes both responses. Insert header including Last Name, First Name, Essay Prompt number that you are responding to and Word Count in the upper right corner):
*”The future of business is equitable and to successfully innovate and maintain a competitive advantage, organizations must embrace inclusion wholeheartedly.” (1) Why is it important for teams to embrace inclusion? (2)How does inclusion help improve the performance of individuals and teams? (3) *How will Berkeley Business Academy for Youth help you to achieve your goals? * If English is not your native language, please write one paragraph describing your English educational background and experience.
- The essay questions are designed to incite honest, thoughtful responses to help us get to know you, your interests and reasons for applying to the BBAY program. In addition to content, essays are evaluated for writing and critical thinking ability, skill in organizing and presenting thoughts, and the relevance of your answer to the questions posed.
- Two teacher recommendations
- Students must upload a transcript including grades from the past 2 years (can be unofficial). The transcript must display the student’s name.
A non-refundable $80 application fee must accompany the completed application. Applications submitted without payment will not be reviewed.
Application Deadline: March 17, 2024 at 5 pm PST
We encourage you to apply prior to the application deadline as applications are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis until the registration number is met.
We look for academically motivated, mature students who are interested in attending a rigorous college-prep summer business academy. B-BAY is for youth who want to develop their knowledge of business or have a passion for business. The application and accompanying materials should convey your level of maturity and motivation.
You may be asked to do a virtual interview with a member of the Admissions Committee to determine admission to the program.
When we receive your complete application (your application form, essay, all supplemental materials, and the application fee). An admissions decision will be made and e-mailed to you within two weeks.
Enrolling: Students admitted into the Berkeley Business Academy for Youth have 10 days (weekends included) from your acceptance date to enroll online and pay the program fees. You are not enrolled until full payment is received.
Next: International Students