The following checklist is an aid for the supervisor and separating employee.
SEPARATING EMPLOYEE’S ACTION ITEMS
- Review these websites for information about termination, COBRA, retirement, and the retirement savings account:
- Continuation of Benefits-COBRA rates: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/forms/pdf/cobra-rates-tip-sheet.pdf
- Termination and Retirement Savings Plan: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/forms/pdf/termination-of-employment.pdf
- Update your timecard on CalTime.
- Contact Parking and Transportation office to cancel automatic transportation/parking deductions (if applicable).
- If you’re currently participating in Spark Collaboration, unsubscribe from the platform (you can do so by looking at any recent email you received from Spark and at the bottom of the page there is an option to unsubscribe).
- Haas HR will reach out to you to schedule an exit interview. This applies only to career employees.
- Keys (office and desk) should be returned to Facilities or to the building coordinator if you are located off site.
- Return your UC Photo ID (Cal 1 Card) to Haas HR.
- Return any electronic equipment (i.e. cell phone, laptop) to Haas Technology Solutions.
Haas HR will notify Technology Solutions of your departure. More specifically:
- Your access to secured servers (shared drives, folders, etc.) will end on the day of separation.
- Your Berkeley email account will expire 90 days after separation and after that all emails will be purged. Campus will send a reminder 30 days before the email account expires.
- Since your email account remains active, put an “Out of Office” message letting contacts know who to contact after you’ve left.
- If you have an office phone line, please update your personal greeting letting contacts know who to call after you’ve left.
SUPERVISOR’S ACTION ITEMS:
- Forward resignation letter to the Asst. Dean for HR and Administration.
- Haas HR will create a ticket on CSS Service Now and add you to the watch list.
- Work with the separating employee to ensure an orderly transition of responsibilities (i.e. projects, ongoing tasks, open items, specific files on which the employee is currently working).
- Ask employee to submit all requests for reimbursements and follow up on outstanding reimbursements with Shared Services.
- Please work with separating employee to audit the desk and ensure that any accounting paperwork on the desk or any pending transactions on BearBuy are processed or transitioned to someone else before the last day of employment.
- Collect any electronic equipment (i.e. cell phone, laptop) and return to appropriate distributing unit.
- If the employee is a BLU or EPC cardholder, collect BLU or EPC card, and return to the Finance Unit.
Next: How Do I